CBR theory exam
To take the cbr practical exam or intermediate test you must be in possession of a valid theory certificate! Do not postpone your theory exam!
This is how you can apply for your theory exam online
- Go to My CBR and log in with DigiD.
- Choose 'Book theory exam'.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- You decide for which vehicle you want to take the exam, in which language, where and when.
- As soon as you have filled in all the details, you pay the exam fee directly online via iDEAL.
- You will then receive confirmation of your application by e-mail.
- Tip: immediately note your exam date in your diary and put a reminder in your telephone. That way you won't forget your theory exam.
- Tip: you can always see on My CBR which reservation you have made.
Can I still cancel my reserved theory exam?
You cannot cancel a reserved theory exam.
Candidates flip through theory exam
Browse through the car, motorbike and moped theory exam. Candidates can also mark examination questions. This way a candidate can look at this question again at a later moment. There is no set answer time per question. The candidate can therefore plan his own exam time and can see at the top of the screen how much time he has left for the exam. The examination component 'Hazard recognition' in the theoretical car examinations does not have these options. The content of the theoretical exams will not change. The browsing and marking option in the exam has been tested before and candidates are very satisfied with it. CBR is now looking at the possibilities for the next improvement of the theory exam, for example a question where the candidate points to the answer in a picture.
Theory course including theory exam
Have you applied for a theory course including a theory exam? Then you can sit back and relax, because we will arrange the exam for you. From the first day of the course onwards you may repeat the course within 3 months without limit and free of charge until you feel ready.
From 2 January 2018, the CBR will introduce two new types of questions in the theory exams
The so-called single-sleep question and the hotspot question. This is the result of a successful pilot.
With the hotspot question, the candidate answers an exam question by tapping an image, such as a traffic sign or dashboard symbol.
In the single drag question, the candidate drags the correct answer to a place in an image. This question is similar to the drag question that has been in the exam since January 2017. In the theory exam, candidates are asked a maximum of four questions in a new form, so this may be fewer in the new exam
From the first week of December 2017, the new question types will be included in the teaching methodology of VekaBest (Car, Motorbike and Moped). Students can already train with this modern methodology and thus increase their chances of passing.
How are things at the examination centre?
Be sure to arrive at the exam center approximately fifteen minutes in advance. Bring valid identification (not a copy) and your reservation number. The reservation number is in the invitation letter you received.at the CBR you sign in at the registration desk. Enter the reservation number and check your information.
Then put your things in a locker
Keep your ID card and reservation number with you. In the locker you must keep: coats, bags, watches, electronic equipment (also mobile phones) and also metal objects (keys, trouser belt).
Take a seat in the waiting room and wait your turn. You will see your reservation number appear on the screens. Follow the instructions on the screens.
This is how it goes in the theory exam
In the examination room
Take a seat at the table with the correct table number. Put your ID on the table and enter your reservation number. Check that your e-mail address is correct, then select 'Start' and follow the instructions on the screens.
- You do the exam in your own unit on a touch-screen. Your theory exam will take about 20-30 minutes. There is no sound available.
- First you get an on-screen explanation and a practice question.
- Then your exam will start. You will get multiple choice, yes/no and fill-in-the-blank questions.
- As long as the timeline is running, you can answer the exercises. You cannot go back in the exam.
- You can move on to the next question more quickly by pressing the "Next" button. If you do not do this, the next question will appear automatically after the time has elapsed. If you do not answer in time, the question will be wrong.
- You see a certain traffic situation for each question, and you have to imagine that you are the driver of the CBR car.
The theory test for the car consists of two parts
1. Hazard recognition
You will be asked 25 questions on hazard recognition. You have 8 seconds to answer each question. This may seem short, but on the road you will have to decide even faster! You need to get 13 or more of the Hazard Recognition questions right.
2. Traffic Rules and Traffic Insight
You will get 30 questions on Traffic Rules and 10 questions on Traffic Insight. You need to get 35 questions of Traffic Rules and Traffic Insight right or more.
Individual guided exam
You take the individual guided exam alone in a room under the supervision of a theory officer. The content of the exam is the same as the regular exam. The questions and answers can be read out loud by the theory employee. If it is an interpreter examination the interpreter can translate the question and the answer. The time is monitored by the theory employee. This only applies to the traffic questions and not to the section hazard recognition.
After the exam, you will immediately see the results on your screen. You can also view the incorrectly answered questions. To do so, click on the question number. You can scroll through using the 'Next' or 'Back' buttons at the bottom of the screen. You have a short time for this. At the top of the screen you will see the time you have available for this. You will also receive the results by e-mail. As soon as you have received this email, you can make a new appointment. If you fail, you will know what you need to work on before your next theory exam. If you pass, we will register this in our system. Your 'Satisfactory' result is valid for 1.5 years.
Make sure you know your stuff!
Make sure you know your theory well. How you learn your material is, of course, entirely up to you.
theory course including theory exam
Ryles also offers a theory course including theory exam. You choose a theory course and a theory exam is reserved for you. You can take the theory course for 3 months free of charge. So you can start learning your theory right away.